- Adoption Fee: $200
- Current Age: Approx. 8 Years Old
- Good with kids: Yes.
- Good with dogs: Yes.
- Good with cats: No.
- House Trained: Yes
- Neuter/Spay: Yes
- Current vaccinations: Yes
BIO: Some ladies my age want to be pampered. Some want a fast car and diamonds. I am content just cuddled up on the couch with my favorite people. I’m a quiet gal looking for a relaxed place to rest my paws.
Hi! I’m Maggie. Don’t let my gray muzzle fool you. I have simply aged gracefully to my 8 years. I still have a lot of life left to live and a lot of love left to give. As a more mature gal, I do show some signs of my age. I need daily joint supplements to keep me comfortable and moving and take occasional medication when my legs get achy. I don’t require long walks, just an occasional play session.
I recently had some dental work to remove a pesky broken tooth, so I can’t tug on toys well, but who really needs to tug on a ball, anyway? And we both know that tennis balls are the best toys ever. Bonus- I don’t need hard chew bones so you don’t have to step on them in the night!
Other dogs of all sizes make great friends after an appropriate introduction. Kids are my favorite! I am a little shy around smaller children, but as long as they understand and respect my age, don’t mind kisses on the face, and will give me space when I need it I am happy to be their pal, too. Since I have had time to develop my preferences, I am sometimes a bit picky about the men in my life. I prefer confident (but not overbearing or pushy) gentlemen that will let me warm up to them slowly but aren’t afraid if I am a little loud at first and, it seems a bit shallow to say, but I like my men to have a full head of hair.
If you want a cuddle buddy with a slower lifestyle, a ball-chasing best pal for your older children, and a smiling face to greet you every day look no further. I’m ready to live life to the fullest with my new family by my side. Are you ready for me?
If you’re considering Maggie, here are a few key things to keep in mind:
- She does not do well with cats.
- No bald men as they make Maggie fearful and reactive. Visiting bald men can wear hats or wigs and she is okay with them.
- She adores older children (10-teen) and really loves small kiddos as long as they aren’t poking her eyes or pulling on her face. When she’s had enough, she will simply wander away and lay down somewhere quiet.
- Like most Rottweilers her age, she has some arthritis in her hips. This is easily (and inexpensively) manageable with daily supplements and occasional anti-inflammatory medication.
If you’d like to adopt Maggie, you can visit our Adopt page where you can find information on our adoption policies, and fill out an application.