- Adoption Fee: TBD
- Current Age: Approx. 3 1/2 Years Old
- Good with kids: Older, calm kids. Ages 12+. Small kids make him anxious.
- Good with dogs: Dog selective, would need a slow and proper intro to any dog friend.
- Good with cats: Potentially – is interested but easily distracted from them.
- House Trained: Yes.
- Location: Appleton, WI
- Neuter/Spay: Yes.
- Current vaccinations: Yes.
- Contact: Talia at 920-733-1717 or email email@example.com
BIO: This is Bear! Bear is a big, loveable, slightly insecure guy who is really struggling in the shelter. Bear was surrendered by his owners because their young child wanted to be very cuddly with Bear, and it made Bear VERY nervous. This gorgeous guy does really like people, but in small (and calm) doses! He is really good at letting you know if he is uncomfortable, so that you can help him find that comfort again. He doesn’t do well in crowded, noisy or very busy environments and large groups of people make him very nervous too, so the shelter is having a hard time showing what a great guy he really is!!
Bear is a big hunk of love at 105lbs. He is already neutered and up to date on all his vaccinations so he is ready to find his new special forever home to thrive in! Bear is house trained, and knows sit and shake. He does like other dogs, but occasionally there are one or two he doesn’t get along with. He is not used to cats, but the shelter finds him to be interested but safe around them.
Bear will need to be placed with a rescue, or an owner who is experienced with Rottweilers and other large breeds. He will need continued confidence building in low-pressure settings. Can you help this big gorgeous guy find his happy place in life??