- This event has passed.
Paws for a Cause
June 8, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Don’t have a dog? There will be plenty of activities going on for everyone to enjoy, and some adoptable dogs from area rescues for you to meet!
Where: Park at Iowa River Power Restaurant and walk over to Thornberry Off-leash Dog Park
(parking at the dog park is limited, please allow handicap and disc golf visitors to have those spots)
When: June 8, 2019; Noon – 3pm
Why: This is our biggest event of the year. Money raised will benefit the animals of the Iowa City Animal Care & Adoption Center. Our goal is to raise $25,000!
The dog park has three fenced areas, and we will be using ‘Emma’s Run’ for this event, and all dogs must be on leash in this area (no retractable leashes please). There will be the vendors and crafters, entertainment, kids activities, various demonstrations, raffles, and a silent auction. The ‘Lucky Pawz Playground’ will still be used as the play yard for dogs. If your dog does not have a dog park tag you will need to purchase a day pass (proof of current Rabies is required).
Dog park day pass $5 (must show proof of current Rabies for dog park day pass)
You can help us reach our goal by starting your own fundraising page. We will give you the tools to create your page and make an impact. By creating a page and asking your friends, family and networks to help, you will be supporting the amazing work at the Iowa City Animal Center. Start your fundraiser today!
We are accepting vendor registrations – this opportunity is open to for-profit businesses and nonprofit organizations.
For-Profit Vendors = $50 (registration form)
Nonprofit Vendors = FREE (registration form)
1. All dogs coming into the vendor area must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet
2. FACF & Iowa City Animal Services have final authority on suitability of any animal to participate
3. FACF & Iowa City Animal Services reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog whose participation could prove hazardous to others or if conditions are not favorable for the dog
4. Disqualifications include, but are not limited to, overly aggressive behavior by a dog or human, female dogs in heat or advanced pregnancy, dogs in poor/questionable health, and mistreatment of dogs
5. Proof of rabies vaccine must be shown for all dogs over 4 months
6. All dogs going into the play yard must have an annual dog park tag or day pass
7. All dogs going into the play yard on a day pass must show proof of Rabies
8. Pick up waste after your dog and dispose of it in proper receptacles
9. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult