- Status: Available for rehoming
- Adoption Fee: Would be grateful if someone was willing to donate to cover past medical bills, but not required.
- Current Age: approximately 5 yrs
- Good with kids: Yes
- Good with dogs: Is ok with my female, but does not get along with my male, and has grumbled at dogs he does not know who have tried to get him to play. He prefers playing with people to other dogs. Would probably be happiest as an only dog.
- Good with cats: Yes
- Location: Moline, IL
- Spay/Neuter: Yes
- Current vaccinations: Yes
- Contact: 1-309-798-6804 or S.firstname.lastname@example.org
Bio: Kimo is a 5 year old Rottie who needed a home in April of 2016. His current foster owns his littermate and younger sister, and agreed to foster him. It quickly became apparent that Kimo had a lot of health issues- he was 20lbs underweight from severe GI issues, had severe joint pain, and could not open his mouth completely- he could eat but could not pick up a tennis ball. He was diagnosed with ACL tears in both knees and an auto-immune disease that attacks the muscles of the jaw, and put on meds for his GI issues. Since then, he has gained weight, no longer needs GI meds, and is being treated for the auto-immune disorder and is back to chasing tennis balls. He still needs surgery on both knees but his pain is well controlled.
Kimo is a very happy boy who loves people, but was not well socialized with other dogs. His current foster considered keeping him until it became apparent that he does not get along with his brother and needs to be kept separate. He would probably be happiest as an only dog. He will bark and chase cats who run, but is friendly with a cat who is comfortable with him. He loves to play fetch or tug, and prefers to be with his people as much as possible. He does do fine when alone, though, and has shown no signs of separation anxiety. His current foster plans to have surgery on his right knee done in spring of 2017 if he is still with her.
If you’d like to adopt Kimo, please contact Shannon Bartels at 1-309-798-6804 or S.email@example.com