- Status: Available for adoption through Second Chance Pups
- Adoption Fee: $150
- Current Age: approximately 2 yrs
- Good with kids: No. He lives in a foster home with a 10 year old girl and he simply doesn't like her. He has shown teeth and growled at her, each time she was not doing anything to him. He wants nothing to do with her. We have fostered countless dogs and I own a training company my daughter truly knows how to be respectful of dogs, but Ramsey doesn't like her. It's possible that there's just something about her that he doesn't like, but given what I've seen, I think placement in a home without kids is the safest option.
- Good with dogs: Yes, he loves other dogs. He can play rough, but he really does enjoy other dogs.
- Good with cats: Yes
- House Trained: Yes
- Location: Lincoln, NE
- Spay/Neuter: Yes
- Current vaccinations: Yes
- Contact: 402-806-1012 or Info@secondchancepups.com
Bio: Ramsey is a two year old Rottie/Shepherd mix who loves other dogs. He knows all of his basic commands (I.e. Sit, down, stay, place), he walks nicely on leash, he is kennel trained, and he is fully off leash reliable as he is ecollar trained. The best days of his life are when we he gets o go on off leash hikes. He also does some super cute tricks too...he shakes, rolls over and plays dead. He's getting really good at understanding the rules of tug (I.e. Don't grab toy until given permission and let go on command) and he's loving this game.
Ramsey needs a home without kids under the age of 16, but would love a family that will play with him and include him in their activities. He's incredibly smart and so if he can find people that want to continue teaching him things, he would love that!
Ramsey is a guy who struggles to know how to settle himself down. He will lay down and relax if you tell him to, but otherwise he defaults to pacing through the house.
He has in the past shown teeth accompanied by a low growl when meeting a new person. But as long as he is allowed to approach the person and be ignored for a few seconds, then the greeting goes fine. He has been to a large, busy dog-related event and he did just fine meeting and interacting with all people and dogs.
If you’d like to adopt Ramsey, please contact Second Chance Pups at 402-806-1012 or Info@secondchancepups.com